Close Menu
Keep Up with USA Daily Hunt UpdatesKeep Up with USA Daily Hunt Updates
  • Home
  • USA
  • World
  • Business
    • CEO
    • Realtor
    • Founder
    • Entrepreneur
    • Journalist
  • Health
    • Doctor
    • Plastic surgeon
    • Beauty cosmetics
  • Sports
    • Athlete
    • Coach
    • Fitness trainer
    • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Politics
  • Science
Saturday, November 29
Trending
  • Katie Mischenko: The Heart and Soul Behind Katie’s Corgis (VKM Farmstead)
  • Ben Mallah: The Street Kid Who Built a $250 Million Real-Estate Empire
  • How a Model, Mother and Modern Storyteller is Redefining Success Through Purpose, Adventure and Authentic Living
  • How a Purpose-Driven Financial Visionary is Empowering Communities to Take Control of Their Wealth and Future
  • Jan Sladecko: Redefining the Language of Motion and the Art of Visual Storytelling
  • How Anya Randall Nebel is Redefining Independent Artistry and Building a Creative Empire Without Boundaries
  • How Suzy Batiz Turned Inner Awakening Into a Billion Dollar Vision and Sparked a New Era of Conscious Entrepreneurship
  • How Alex Paquin Is Quietly Shaping Modern Cinema and Building a Global Creative Vision From New York to Amsterdam and Toronto
Keep Up with USA Daily Hunt UpdatesKeep Up with USA Daily Hunt Updates
  • Home
  • USA
  • World
  • Business
    • CEO
    • Realtor
    • Founder
    • Entrepreneur
    • Journalist
  • Health
    • Doctor
    • Plastic surgeon
    • Beauty cosmetics
  • Sports
    • Athlete
    • Coach
    • Fitness trainer
    • Entertainment
  • Finance
  • Politics
  • Science
Keep Up with USA Daily Hunt UpdatesKeep Up with USA Daily Hunt Updates
Home » News » Karen Bass’s former deputy mayor of public safety admits bomb threat hoax targeting Los Angeles City Hall

Karen Bass’s former deputy mayor of public safety admits bomb threat hoax targeting Los Angeles City Hall

Michael ThompsonBy Michael Thompson
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

A former aide to Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass who served as the deputy mayor of public safety has agreed to plead guilty to threatening to bomb City Hall last year, the Justice Department said Thursday. 

Brian Williams, 61, of Pasadena, agreed to plead guilty to a single-count of “information with threats regarding fire and explosives”, which carries a sentence of up to 10 years in prison.   

“In an era of heated political rhetoric that has sometimes escalated into violence, we cannot allow public officials to make bomb threats,” said U.S. Attorney Bill Essayli. “My office will continue its efforts to keep the public safe, including from those who violate their duty to uphold the law.”

LA COUNTY DA NATHAN HOCHMAN PROMISES CRACKDOWN ON CRIMINALS: ‘THE FUN IS OVER’

The threat was carried out on Oct. 3, 2024 during a virtual meeting with Williams and others related to his duties, federal prosecutors said. During the call, Williams used the Google Voice application on his personal cellphone to place a call to his city-issued cellphone.

He then left the meeting and called the chief of staff of the Los Angeles Police Department, in which he falsely stated that he had just received a call on his city-issued cellphone from an unknown man who threatened to bomb Los Angeles City Hall.

Ten minutes after the call, Williams texted Bass and several high-ranking city officials in the mayor’s office and falsely reported, “Bomb threat: I received phone call on my city cell at 10:48 am this morning. The male caller stated that ‘he was tired of the city support of Israel, and he has decided to place a bomb in City Hall. It might be in the rotunda.’ I immediately contacted the chief of staff of LAPD, they are going to send a number of officers over to do a search of the building and to determine if anyone else received a threat.” 

Investigators determined that Williams never received a call and had made the bomb threat himself. Federal prosecutors noted that Williams never intended to carry out the threat. 

MENENDEZ BROTHERS’ RESENTENCING MOVES FORWARD AS DA CALLS OUT ‘DECEIT, ‘NARCISSISTIC TENDENCIES’ IN PRISON

The LAPD responded to City Hall to search for any suspicious devices. None were found, prosecutors said. 

Williams described the threatening call he claimed to have received to police and showed them the record of an incoming call that appeared as a blocked number on his city-issued cellphone. 

That incoming call record was the call Williams had placed to himself from the Google Voice application on his personal cellphone, investigators determined.

Williams then texted Bass and other city officials. 

“At this time, there is no need for us to evacuate the building, I’m meeting with the threat management officers within the next 10 minutes,” he allegedly wrote. “In light of the Jewish holidays, we are taking this thread a little more seriously. I will keep you posted.”

“Mr. Williams, the former deputy mayor of Public Safety for Los Angeles, not only betrayed the residents of Los Angeles, but responding officers, and the integrity of the office itself, by fabricating a bomb threat,” said Akil Davis, the assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Los Angeles field office. “Government officials are held to a heightened standard as we rely on them to safeguard the city. I’m relieved that Mr. Williams has taken responsibility for his inexplicable actions.”

Williams is expected to appear in court in the coming weeks, prosecutors said. 

Fox News Digital has reached out to Bass’ office. 

Previous ArticleNetanyahu Names Maj. Gen. David Zini as New Domestic Spy Chief
Next Article Hall of Famer Brian Urlacher reiterates stance on transgender athletes in sports: ‘Common sense’
Top Posts

Katie Mischenko: The Heart and Soul Behind Katie’s Corgis (VKM Farmstead)

November 9, 2025

Ben Mallah: The Street Kid Who Built a $250 Million Real-Estate Empire

November 2, 2025

How a Model, Mother and Modern Storyteller is Redefining Success Through Purpose, Adventure and Authentic Living

November 1, 2025

How a Purpose-Driven Financial Visionary is Empowering Communities to Take Control of Their Wealth and Future

November 1, 2025

Jan Sladecko: Redefining the Language of Motion and the Art of Visual Storytelling

November 1, 2025

How Anya Randall Nebel is Redefining Independent Artistry and Building a Creative Empire Without Boundaries

October 30, 2025

Discover breaking news, trends, and expert insight every day. Politics, economics, entertainment, and more are covered live by USA Daily Hunt. Receive daily updates on the world's most significant happenings
We're social. Connect with us:

  • Sports
  • Athlete
  • Coach
  • Health
  • Beauty cosmetics
  • Fitness trainer
  • Doctor
  • Plastic surgeon
  • USA
  • World
  • Finance
  • Politics
  • Science
  • Business
  • CEO
  • Founder
  • Journalist
  • Realtor
  • Entrepreneur
© 2017-2025 USA Daily Hunt. All Rights Reserved.
  • USA
  • World
  • Finance
  • Politics
  • Science

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.